Friday, November 19, 2010

Hutch redo





Okay so if you haven't noticed a trend in my decorating, it is basically change anything that was red in my house to a lighter brighter color! I have nothing against red, so if you have red in your house don't think I am judging you. I just had way too much red in my house and just wanted a change. I unfortunately did not take a before pic of my hutch, but found two old pics that has part of the hutch in it so you can get an idea of what it looked like. Taking all that red paint off was a challenge! Thanks to my Mom and a can of paint stripper(the only kind of stripper I endorse) we got the red off. Side note: if using paint stripper put something under what you are painting because it gets all over the floor. Since the paint was red, it looks like a murder took place in my garage, ah! So once we got all the red off we painted it white(a couple weeks later, things get done slow in my house) Then after it sat my living room in two pieces for a week I decided to finish it the other day and am love with my new hutch. What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. I stumbled upon your blog when searching Cortate Furniture's website. I must say, it certainly looks like you know what you're doing, decorating-wise! I love your new mantle and your new curtains. You have a beautiful home! It's amazing what a few accent pieces can do, and even more amazing if you get them at TJ Maxx! I would go there every day if I could!

    ReplyDelete